Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Borderless Fullscreen Team Fortress 2 Steam console arguments

Here's a great tip that I'm generally surprised more people aren't aware of! I know many of you, like me, absolutely love the full-screen-windowed mode on L4D, right? But, we thought it wasn't possible in TF2 so we all either went Full Screen, or Windowed with a slightly lower resolution. I chose the latter, and always wished I could be full-screen-windowed.

Well, now you can! Here's how:

  1. Right click on "Team Fortress 2" in your "My Games" list and choose Properties.
  2. Choose "Set Launch Options"
  3. Enter the following without the quotes: "-window -noborder -novid"
  4. Click ok, start up TF2, and set your TF2 window size to whatever your desktop is. In my case, it was 1680x1050
  5. That's it, you're done! Enjoy your full screen windowed TF2 where you can alt tab without lag! Additionally, when alt-tabbing out your start bar shows for ease of use!

For the record,

  • -novid isn't related to this. It removes the intro video, which is useful.
  • -window makes it windowed, and
  • -noborder removes the window border.

No comments:

Post a Comment